Friday, April 23, 2010

The Secret Language of Fish


I am working on a series of paintings... have been for a couple of months now. The canvases depict the full range of human emotions, as represented by fish.

Perhaps I will call it "the secret language of fish." I have completed about ten canvases, including: love, anger, pride, anxiety, distress, joy, humility, fear, loyalty and melancholy. The one I am having the most trouble with: hate.

Which leads me to believe that hate will be the best painting of the series. We'll see.

I had the pleasure of painting with four of my favorite artists and friends in the last two days. I really need to sell some paintings, but despite that, I'm a rich man.

Remember your blessings. That is what the fish are telling me now.

Photo: Lorraine Martin, from the '08 demo at Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, "Everything But the Brush"

No comments:

Post a Comment